- Site / Portal / Applications: designates the electronic address duality.gg, its subdomains, applications and other domains directed to the Duality portal.
- User / Member / Members / Registration: natural or legal persons who have registered / created an account on the platform duly registered (by free choice).
- Account: registration of information made by the natural or legal person on the platform, protected by a password of the user's choice or login via social network and used to access the services offered by Duality.
- Player: User identified by his nickname (chosen by the user) in his Player Profile.
- Personal Data: means any data by which you as an individual can be identified, for example, name, profile photo, date of birth, location data or any other information;
- Service (s): all and any service offered by Duality;
- Cookies: files sent by the Portal server to the users' computers, with the purpose of identifying the computer and obtaining access data, such as browsed pages or clicked links, allowing us to customize the navigation of users on the portal, according to their profile.
- IP: short for Internet Protocol. Set of numbers that identifies user's computers on the Internet.
2. Collection and use of information
When creating or modifying your Account / Player Profile / Team Profile, when using the Platform and the Services your data will be collected or updated.
All information from our members that we collect on our website is for the exclusive use of Duality, being used for: providing services, keeping users abreast of any updates related to our website, products / services, and to send information or content that you may be interested in. We also use this information to continuously improve our services, our website and your experience as a user of the platform. The database formed by Duality through the collection of information on the website, can be shared with our group of companies and / or business partners.
The data below (not limited to these only) can be collected by us:
- name, username, nickname;
- email address;
- language and time zone preference;
- city, region and state of residence or birth;
- profile picture / avatar / profile background;
- date of birth;
- telephone for contact;
- external links to other platforms / portals (instagram, facebook, steam);
- steam ID;
- skill level and gameplay preference;
- videos provided by the user;
- your computer's software and hardware;
- device used to use the platform (including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, information about your network)
- purchased services, purchase history (day, time, location and IP);
- information related to your use / preference on the platform (we collect information about how you and other users interact with the platform, expressed preferences and chosen definitions);
- log data (we collect logs from the server, which may include information such as the device's IP address, operating system, access dates and times, features or pages viewed, system failures and other system activity, type of browser, and the third party sites or services you were using before or after interacting with our site);
- data collected by automated means, such as: cookies, web beacons and other automated devices. A "cookie" is a text file sent by websites to a visitor's computer or other device connected to the Internet, to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser. The "web beacon", also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We may also use website analytics tools provided by third parties (such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights), which collect information about visitor traffic;
- any other information you decide to provide, or that may be necessary for the use of the platform and services.
Duality has the right to suspend or terminate any registration and refuse any and all use of the Platform and Services if it suspects that the information provided by the user is inaccurate, not up to date, incomplete or belongs to someone else.
You agree to notify Duality immediately if any unauthorized use of your account or any other security breach.
The data voluntarily provided by users must be true. It is strictly prohibited to register or operate the account or profile of any third party and breach of such obligations may cause the account or profile to be deleted.
We may also receive information from other sources and combine it with the data we collect. For example, if you choose to connect your account to a third party, another website or api (for example: facebook, google, steam, picpay).
2.2. Use of information
Your data may be used by Duality for the following purposes:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- support users through identification;
- carry out communications that may be of interest to you (via e-mail, notifications or any other channel), including offers and promotions;
- promoting a better experience avoiding possible new data insertions previously inserted (eg; we can use your data in some tournament / championship that you are consuming on our platform, not asking you to fill in the data again );
- in cases of tournaments / championships conducted by third parties on our platform, we can inform these third parties your data so that your registration in the championship is finalized and you can consume our products / services in a personalized way (examples: steam ID, nick, phone and email for contact, team name, nick from the captain of the team );
- tests focused on preventing fraud and abuse of our services;
- statistical analysis of data to solve software problems and operational problems, and we can also carry out tests and research;
- analyze usage trends and activities;
- customize, develop and improve our services, including providing or recommending features, content, social links, references and advertisements;
- share between Duality companies / products / services;
It is important to note that the data you choose to disclose in your profile will become public and can be seen / used by others within our platform or be accessed through API by our partners.
3. Information storage and protection
Duality is committed to the security of all information we receive from you, however it is not possible to certify that any system is completely safe from intrusion. Duality disclaims any liability for any damages and / or losses arising from failures, viruses or invasions of the database and / or website servers, except in cases where there is evidence of intent or fault in our conduct. All information collected will be for the exclusive use of Duality and can only be accessed by qualified persons previously authorized by Duality.
4. Election Forum